Am I eligible to play in the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League?

British Columbia residents are eligible to play if they are born between 1998-2002. Non-BC residents must 18 before December 31st.

Do your players go to school?

Our high school aged players attend Grand Forks Secondary School. The school week at Grand Forks Secondary runs from Monday-Thursday (except when Monday is a holiday then school is in session on Friday). College aged players are encouraged to take college level courses through distance education, or at Selkirk College in Grand Forks.

Do players have to provide their own equipment? 

Yes, our players do need to come with a complete set of equipment. We will provide team related equipment to ensure our players look and feel like a team.

Is there a gym available to work out? 

Yes, our players have access to Body Edge Gym, located downtown.

Are there fees associated with playing in the KIJHL? 

Yes, each club charges a billeting fee as well as team fees.

Are players billeted?

Yes, our players are placed in billet homes. All billet families are thoroughly screened and matched up to suit a players needs by our billet coordinator.